Tourney roundup! - Week of December 11th, 2017
Dec 19, 2017
Tournaments covered this week
- Tick Tock Tuesdays 12 (December 12th)
- NNCL Lunar XIV (December 15th)
- Long Island Splat 2 (December 16th)
- Saikai versus Eclipse! exhibition match (December 15th)
Tick Tock Tuesdays 12
Bracket Why it matters:
- Lastation, a team about two months ago placed in Z division in LUTI, continues their solid play since winning their bracket in Young Ink 5 to take down Nep's Pudding! 3-1 and claim their first Tick Tock Tuesdays series win!
- Fun fact: Had two more teams signed up, this tournament would have had 12 teams in the 12th edition on the 12th day of the 12th month of the year.
NNCL Lunar XIV
Bracket What you can gather from this:
- Atramentum, a name taken from black, octopus-like ink, claimed two of three sets against Translucent after beating the Tick Tock Tuesdays winners, Lastation, and a pickup led by Redvekh of Kairos to come out victorious!
- After being upset by the Redvekh pickup, One Way, in winners bracket, HanRan charged through losers bracket, narrowly beating One Way in a rematch, to finish third.
Long Island Splat 2
Highlights from Long Island's second local:
- After the success of the first Long Island Splat, they came back with a sequel! NY's Last Hope (Fuzzy, Savage, and InkTV's own Walky) were joined by Dryas, a winner in the first event, and swept Astral Containment Unit to claim victory!
- NY's Last Hope, after taking a narrow 4-3 defeat in the first Long Island Splat, did not lose a single game the second time around, in either the four round Swiss stage or the top four bracket seen above.
Saikai versus Eclipse! exhibition match
- Casted by InkTV's Twitch on December 15th, 2017 at 9:00 pm EST
- Both teams agreed to play all nine matches, when it was originally a best of nine (so first to five wins).
- The two team captains, The One and Shak, alternated the maps and modes, with Walky and Vespher choosing the final gametype.
- Saikai won the set over Eclipse, 7-2.
Game 4 in the BLINK OF AN EYE!
This should NOT have worked!
Register to leave a comment!